DOTS Lead Enhancement Plus(also referred to as LEP) is a publicly available XML web service that is designed to enhance, embellish and append additional elements to good leads. This service enhances the contact information with an emphasis on appending.
This composite service takes as completely optional inputs: Name, email, phone number, address1, address2, city, region, country, and IP address. The idea for this service is "do what you can with the data you are given". This service makes use of many "ala carte" services provided by Service Objects, Inc to validate and append as best possible.
This service works for both US and Canadian leads. Address and phone information is only available for US and Canada so other international leads will not work correctly. International names, emails and IPs are acceptable.
The following services are used by DOTS Lead Enhancement Plus:
- Address Validation – US and DOTS Address Validation – Canada DOTS Address Validation to return validated and standardized addresses with basic address data (DPV, RDI, County etc.)
- DOTS Name Validation for basic name validation (e.g. is the name valid, does it match any celebrity names, is it vulgar, or is it made up of random characters).
- DOTS GeophonePlus for reverse phone number lookups. This includes provider data (line type, carrier, and exchange information) and contact data (name, address and phone type of the numbers owner) for landline, wireless and VOIP numbers..
- DOTS Email Validation 2 for basic email checking (syntax, valid mail server and bogus/vulgar email detection etc...)
- DOTS IP Validation for basic IP address information (city, region, country and proxy information).
- DOTS Phone Append for returning alternative phone number information (a different phone number returned given a name and address).
Developer Guide Map
This section lists the DOTS Lead Enhancement Plus operations and goes into the details behind the inputs and outputs.
EnhancedResidentialLead (Recommended Operation)
This section shows additional supporting data tables that are associated to the DOTS Lead Enhancement Plus operations.
Similar to the Notes section, this section reflects details on the error outputs that can happen with the service.
Here you'll find code snippets for various programming languages and frameworks along with links to our sample code page on the web site.
This is where you'll go to take the API for a spin. There you can test our recommended operation EnhancedResidentialLead.
In this section you'll find all the different endpoints supported by this service, input and output schema information as well as an opportunity to try the other endpoints as well.
This is a list of some of the questions we hear more often that you can reference and get answers on right away.
Integrating LEP into your application should be easy and straightforward. If you are using a common platform, Service Objects may already have sample code built that you can use: http://www.serviceobjects.com/developers/sample-code/lead-enhancement-plus
However, if you are using a common platform that does not already have sample code, you can ask Service Objects to build you an example. Email email@example.com for more details.
Web Service Structure:
Web services are methods that integrate with other applications via the web, and encapsulate tricky business logic. Web services are too large of a topic to cover in this document, but Service Objects has developed its web services to be as easy to integrate and as accessible as possible.
DOTS Lead Enhancement Plus is a public XML web service that supports SOAP, POST, and GET operations.
The host path, or physical location of the web service is here:
The location of the WSDL, or Web Service Definition Language document, is here (This is also accessible via the "Service Definition" link.):