DOTS Lead Enhancement (also referred to as LE) is a publicly available XML web service that is designed to enhance, embellish and append additional elements to good leads. This service enhances the contact information with an emphasis on appending.
This composite service takes as completely optional inputs: Name, email, phone number, address1, address2, city, region, country, and IP address. The idea for this service is "do what you can with the data you are given". This service makes use of many "ala carte" services provided by Service Objects, Inc to validate and append as best possible. This service works for both US and Canadian leads. Address and phone information is only available for US and Canada so other international leads will not work correctly. International names, emails and IPs are acceptable.
The following services are used by DOTS Lead Enhancement:
- DOTS Address Validation – US and DOTS Address Validation – Canada to return validated and standardized addresses with basic address data (DPV, RDI, County etc.)
- DOTS Name Validation for basic name validation (e.g.( is the name valid, does it match any celebrity names, is it vulgar, or is it made up of random characters).
- DOTS Phone Exchange Geophone for reverse phone number lookups. This includes provider data (line type, carrier, and exchange information) .and contact data (name, address and phone type of the numbers owner).
- DOTS Email Validation 2 for basic email checking (syntax, valid mail server and bogus/vulgar email detection etc...)
- DOTS IP Validation for basic IP address information (city, region, country and proxy information).
- DOTS Phone Append for returning alternative phone number information (a different phone number returned given a name and address).
Developer Guide Map
This section lists the DOTS Lead Enhancement operations and goes into the details behind the inputs and outputs.
LE - EnhanceResidentialLead (Recommended Operation)
This section shows additional supporting data tables that are associated to the DOTS Lead Enhancement operations.
Similar to the Codes, Notes, and Corrections section, this section reflects details on the error outputs that can happen with the service.
Here you'll find code snippets for various programming languages and frameworks along with links to our sample code page on the web site.
This is where you'll go to take the API for a spin. There you can test our recommended operation LE - EnhanceResidentialLead.
In this section you'll find all the different endpoints supported by this service, input and output schema information as well as an opportunity to try the other endpoints as well.
This is a list of some of the questions we hear more often that you can reference and get answers on right away.
Integrating LE into your application should be easy and straightforward. If you are using a common platform, Service Objects may already have sample code built that you can use:
However, if you are using a common platform that does not already have sample code, you can ask Service Objects to build you an example. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Web Service Structure
Web services are methods that integrate with other applications via the web, and encapsulate tricky business logic. Web services are too large of a topic to cover in this document, but Service Objects has developed its web services to be as easy to integrate and as accessible as possible.
DOTS Lead Enhancement is a public XML web service that supports SOAP, POST, and GET operations.
The host path, or physical location of the web service is here:
The location of the WSDL, or Web Service Definition Language document, is here (This is also accessible via the "Service Definition" link.):
SOAP is done via POST, only with special XML markup in the post-body.
This WSDL is the definition of the web service, meaning its inputs, outputs, operations, and the like. Most likely, you will have another tool read this WSDL and make the operations available to you in your application. Whenever your utilities or IDE asks for a WSDL path to DOTS Lead Enhancement, you can provide this one. Every web service has operations that it offers to subscribers – methods that do different work and return different output. Currently DOTS Lead Enhancement has only one operation.